Publications and media
A selection of SenseLab related publications and presentations
SenseLab contributes to the continuous research and development within the field of perceptual audio evaluation, sensory evaluation, acoustics, psychoacoustics and the general use of listening tests. Here is a selection of SenseLab related publications.
Perceptual Audio Evaluation
- Bech, S., & Zacharov, N. (2006). Perceptual Audio Evaluation - Theory, Method and Application. London: John Wiley & Sons
- Bech, S., & Zacharov, N. V. (2008). Perceptual audio evaluation: Theory, method and application. (Tutorial). 125th AES convention (San Francisco, USA)
- Kvist, P., Pedersen T. H. (2006). Translation into Danish of the questions and modifiers for socio-acoustic surveys. Euronoise 2006 proceedings
- Legarth, S. V., & Zacharov, N. V. (2009). Assessor selection process for multisensory applications. Proceedings of the 126th Convention of the Audio Engineering Society (Munich, Germany)
- Legarth, S. V., Ramsgaard. J., Le Ray, G., Zacharov, N. (2010). A performance comparison of Home Usage Testing and Central Location Testing in small impairment listening tests. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Perceptual Quality of Systems (PQS), (Dresden, German)
- Legarth, S.V., Simonsen, C.S., Bramsløw, L., Le Ray, G., Zacharov, N. (2010). Sensory evaluation of hearing aid performance based on normal-hearing listeners. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Perceptual Quality of Systems (PQS) (Dresden, Germany)
- Lokki, T., Pätynen, J., Zacharov, N. (2011). Concert hall acoustics assessment with sensory evaluation – tools and practices. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Auditorium Acoustics (Dublin, Ireland)
- Lorho, G., Legarth, S. V., Zacharov, N. (2010). Perceptual validation of binaural recordings for mobile multimedia loudspeaker evaluation. AES 38th (Piteå, Sweden)
- Pedersen, T. H., & Zacharov, N. V. (2008). How many psycho-acoustic attributes are needed? Proceedings of the 5th Forum Acousticum (Paris, France)
- Simonsen, C. S., Legarth, S. V. (2010). A Procedure for Sound Quality Evaluation of Hearing Aids. Hearing Review, Dec. 2010
- Ramsgaard, J. Zacharov, N., Khalid, J., Le Ray, G. (2011). Evaluation of complex audio systems using Rapid Online Listening Test methods. Pangborn 2011 Symposium (Toronto, Canada)
- Zacharov, N., Ramsgaard, J., Le Ray, G., & Jørgensen, C. V. (2010). The multidimensional characterization of active noise cancellation headphone perception. Quality of Multimedia Experience (QOMEX) (Trondheim, Norway)
- Zacharov, N. V. (2008). Perceptual evaluation techniques for spatial sound. (Invited presentation). Ears Wide Open (Rennes, France).
Product sound quality, psycho-acoustics, sound branding
- Ellermeier, W., & Legarth, S. V. (2006). Visual bias in subjective assessments of automotive sounds. (Presentation). EuroNoise 2006 (Tampere, Finland)
- Pedersen, T. H. (2001). Measurements and Judgments of Sound in relation to Human Sound Perception. DELTA Report AV 1461/01. Implemented as Nordtest ACOU 111, “Human Sound Perception – Guidelines for listening tests”, 2002
- Pedersen, T. H. (2008). Semantic space of sounds. DELTA, Denmark
- Pedersen, T.H. (2010). White paper on external warning sounds for electric cars - Recommendations and guidelines. AV 1224/10, DELTA, Denmark
- Ramsgaard, J. (2009). Emotional profiling of sound logos. (MSc Thesis). Aarhus University, Denmark
- Ramsgaard, J. Le Ray, G., Zacharov, N. (2010). Exploring the cross modal perception of sound and text in a study of sound logos. 4th EuroSense conference on sensory and consumer research, (Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain)
- Ramsgaard, J. Holme, S., Kjems, K., Zacharov, N. (2011). Audio Branding – what to test and why? Audio Branding Academy (ABA) Yearbook
- Zacharov, N., Ramsgaard, J., Le Ray, G (2010). Quantifying the perceptual characteristics of sound logos. Oral presentation at the 39th European Marketing Academy conference (EMAC), (Copenhagen, 2010)
- Ramsgaard, J. Le Ray, G., Winther, J., Beckmann, S. (2012). Free Association Profiling of Sound Logos: An Exploratory Study. In Audio Branding Academy (ABA) Yearbook, Nomos.
- Le Ray, G. (2009). Development of a statistical routine with R in the field of audio engineering. (MSc Thesis). AGRO CAMPUS OUEST, France
- Le Ray, G., Molto, Q., & Husson, F. (2009). Hierachical clustering on principal components (HCPC). (Presentation). useR! Conference (Rennes, France)
- Le Ray, G., Zacharov, N., Ramsgaard, J. (2010). Multivariate analyses of cross modal perception sound logos and text strings, MATLS conference, Danish Technical University
- Le Ray, G. Pedersen, T. H., Ramsgaard, J., Legarth, S. (2012). Aggregation of data from different sessions/experiments using anchor systems. Sensometrics 2012 (Rennes, France)
- Lorho, G., Le Ray, G,. Zacharov, N. (2010). eGauge - A Measure of Assessor Expertise in Audio Quality Evaluations. AES 38th (Piteå, Sweden).
Noise and annoyance
- Bendsten, H., Pedersen, T. H., Le Ray, G., Forsting, K. (2012). Reduktion af støjgener ved brug af tyndlagsbelægninger. Trafik & Veje 04-12.
- Legarth, S. V. (2007). Auralization and assessments of annoyance from wind turbines. (Presentation). Second International Meeting on Wind Turbine Noise (Lyon, France)
- Pedersen, T. H. (2001). Impulsive noise - Objective measuring method for the prominence of impulsive noise. The Danish Environmental Protection Agency. Work report no. 1, 2001. Implemented as Nordtest ACOU 112: Acoustics: Prominence of impulsive sounds and for adjustment of LAeq 2002-05
- Pedersen, T. H. (2007). The “Genlyd” Noise Annoyance Model Dose-Response Relationships Modelled by Logistic Functions. DELTA report AV 1102/07
- Pedersen, T. H. (2008). Prominent tones in noise - Proficiency testing among 30 laboratories of the ISO 1996-2 Annex C method and its predecessors. Acoustics 08 – Paris
- Pedersen, T. H. (2008). Low Frequency Noise from Large Wind Turbines – A procedure for evaluation of the audibility for low frequency sound and a literature study. Project report AV 1098/08
- Pedersen, T. H. (2011). Relations between wind turbine noise and health effects (in Danish). DELTA report AV 1017/11
- Pedersen, T. H. (2012). SenseLabOnline listening test on sound insulation of walls - A feasibility study. DELTA report SenseLab 012/12
- Ramsgaard, J., Le Ray, G., & Zacharov, N. (2009). Application of napping® to the evaluation of digital camera zoom lens function. Pangborn 2009 Symposium (Florence, Italy).